Please Share This:
Who is Phyno? Phyno, Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike is a popular Nigerian musician, songwriter, rapper, and music producer. Literally, Phyno started his career as a Music Producer. He started up in 2003. There’s more to know about Phyno biography.
Phyno is the type of Musician who became famous for rapping in the Igbo Language. Though, he sometimes mixes Pidgin Language and English Language in his music and raps.
His first/debut music album was released in the year 2014. His debut music album was named “No Guts No Glory.”
Phyno’s Profile Summary
- Full Name: Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike
- Known as: Phyno Fino
- Parents Name: Mr & Mrs. Azubuike
- Date Of Birth: October 9, 1986
- Place Of Birth: Enugu State, Nigeria
- Religion: Christianity
- Age: 364-year-old
- Tribe: Igbo
- Fiancee: Unknown
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Education: Public Management at the Institute of Management Technology (IMT)
- Occupation: Musician, Rapper, Music Producer
Phyno Biography: 17 Interesting Facts About Phyno
1. Phyno is nicknamed “Phyno Fino.” He was born on October 9, 1986. He is currently 36 years old
2. Phyno hails from Anambra State, Nigeria. But literally, he was born and brought up in Enugu State, Nigeria.
3. Phyno has once told The Nigeria Tribune why he loves to rap and sing in the Igbo Language. He said he does that because he loves being himself and he respects his culture.
4. Currently, Phyno has three major studio albums. His first studio album was released in 2014 but has been working on it since 2012. His first studio album was titled “No Guts No Glory.” His second studio album was titled “The Playmaker” and was released in 2016. Phyno’s third studio album was released in 2019 and is titled “Deal With It.”
5. Phyno 2017 brought back his Phynofest concert. That concert is said by Wikipedia to be one of the biggest concerts in Africa.
The concert took place at Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu. At the concert, other top musicians like D’banj, Lilkesh, Duncan Mighty, Mayorkun, Ycee, Yemi Alade, Zoro, Flavour, Runtown, Timaya, and others.
From reports, that concert happened to have over 50,000 attendance of people. That seems to be one of the reasons why Wikipedia named it one of the biggest concerts in Nigeria.
6. Phyno started making real money from producing music while he was in his second year at IMT (Institute of Management Technology).
7. Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike wanted to be a Pilot in life. He had the dream of becoming a pilot but later changed. He then studied Public Management at the Institute of Management Technology (IMT).
8. Phyno major started rapping in 2010. He relocated from Enugu to Lagos State, Nigeria to further his rapping journey.
9. Wikipedia explains that the stage name given to Phyno by one of his high school friends named Emeka was derived from the word “Phenomenal.:”
10. Phyno’s first music studio album “No Guts No Glory” featured many Nigerian musicians like Olamide, Efa, Omawumi, P-Square, Runtown, and Mr. Raw, Flavour N’abania, Ice Prince, Stormrex, and Timaya.
11. Phyno and Olamide have always been in support of themselves in their music careers
12. Does Phyno have a Girlfriend? Is Phyno married? This is a question that many people want to know about Phyno. But the fact remains that Phyno wants to remain private with his romantic/relationship life. He has not revealed if he has a wife or girlfriend. So, Phyno is not publicly married and he does not have a girlfriend.
13. Does Phyno have a Child? Phyno may have a child at the age is 34, but he has not publicly declared it. In 2014, Phyno had denied rumors of him impregnating a woman named Rita Edmond.
14. It is said by some sources that Phyno is the fourth child out of the five children of his parents.
15. Phyno started his music career with Sputnet Records, but after some time he began his own record label named Penthauze. He is the founder of Penthauze Music.
16. We are able to keep a record of five awards that Phyno has won in his music career.
How many awards has Phyno won? He has won a total number of five awards
- Best Rap Single titled “Parcel.” Award is given by the Headies in 2014
- Rap Artist of the year in 2014. Award giving by City People Entertainment Awards
- Best Collabo titled “Ghost Mode” featuring Olamide. Award given by Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2013
- The Headies gave Best Rap Singles to Illbliss ft Phyno titled “Anam Achi Kwanu” in the year 2014
- The Headies in 2013 gave Best Collabo to the song “Ghost Mode” by Phyno ft Olamide
17. Phyno is on social media. He is on Instagram @Phynofino and also on Twitter and Facebook.
18. Phyno’s net worth is literally not known, but he is worth over $100,000.